Teamable integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse which helps get new referrals every time a new job opens and better convert the referrals into great teammates.
Enabling the Greenhouse integrations means you will get more hires with less work on your side and avoid potentially awkward situations with employees referring candidates that have already been rejected for example.
You will need to give us two API keys:
- Teamable partner key - enables us to automatically pull in your jobs and to auto entry referrals made through Teamable into Greenhouse.
- Harvest API key - enables us to check candidates in Teamable (aka people your employees know) against candidates in Greenhouse to ensure no one refers someone who is already in Greenhouse, to keep your team from having to flip back and forth, and to update the statuses automatically of referrals made through Teamable so employees can see their progress in the tracking page. Without this, a lot of the advanced sourcing automation that saves your team time won’t work.
Instructions for obtaining each below.
NOTE from Greenhouse if you don't see the Dev Center and cannot create a partner API key:
Users who need access to manage API credentials for your organization will need to be assigned access to do so. Users of any type (Basic, Interviewer, Job Admin, or Site Admin) can be assigned one or both of the following permissions:
- Can manage Job Board related API Credentials
- Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials
Users with Site Admin permissions who also have the advanced "Can edit another user's advanced permissions" permission will be able to assign these API management permissions to other users. Here are the steps:
- Click Configure
- Click Users
- Either click the + New Users button to add a new user, or click on the name of an existing user to edit their permissions
- Drop down Developer Permissions and put a check in the box next to either Can manage Job Board related API Credentials or Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials. The latter option includes access to both the Job Board API as well as the Harvest API.
- Click Save
- In the Greenhouse dashboard go to: Configure -> Dev Center -> API Credential Management.
TEAMABLE PARTNER API KEY
Create the Teamable Partner Key by clicking 'Create New API Key' and Selecting Type: Partner. Choose Teamable as the client application and type Teamable in the description field.
Copy and paste the Teamable API key into a new email by clicking the copy button.
HARVEST API KEY
Next, copy the Harvest API if it already exists and paste it into the email.
If it doesn’t exist, again, hit 'Create New API Key' and choose Harvest API. Once created, copy into the email.
Once you have both API key strings copied into an email, you can send them to Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will complete the integration. In the email, include the name and email address of the person who Teamable should assign as the Default User for Greenhouse. This person must be an admin in Greenhouse, and they will also be given Admin user access in Teamable.
Note: for the Harvest API key, you will need to grant all of the following permissions in order for us to have bi-directional communication:
- GET: Retrieve Activity Feed
- GET: Retrieve Application
- GET: List Applications
- DELETE: Delete Candidate
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Candidates
- PATCH: Edit Candidate
- POST: Add Candidate
- POST: Add Note
- POST: Add Attachment
- POST: Add Application
- POST: Add Prospect
- PUT: Anonymize Candidate
- PUT: Merge two candidates
- GET: Retrieve Department
- GET: List Departments
- GET: List Job Posts
- GET: Retrieve Job Post for Job
- GET: List Job Posts for Job
- GET: Retrieve Job Stage
- GET: List Job Stages
- GET: List Job Stages for Job
- GET: Retrieve Job
- GET: List Jobs
- GET: List Application's Offers
- GET: Retrieve Application's Current Offer
- GET: Retrieve Offer
- GET: List Offers
- GET: Retrieve
- GET: List Offices
- DELETE: Remove tag from candidate
- GET: List tags applied to candidate
- GET: List Candidate Tags
- PUT: Add a candidate tag
- GET: List Job Tracking Links
- GET: Retrieve User
- GET: List Users